HANNOVER MESSE has been the world’s most important industrial trade show and largest capital goods exhibition for years.
ETA has been a regular exhibitor at Hannover Messe for the past 3 years. This year too, ETA had participated in Hannover. This year ETA had displayed its new generation upsetter with Automatic loading/unloading facility at Hannover. Key features of the new generation upsetter were as follows:
- Power control using IGBT (Insulated-gate bipolar transistor)
- Benefits of IGBT :
- Line load balancing –Equal current on all phases.
- Sinusoidal power input to transformer eliminating line Harmonics
- Machine can run on Generator set also.
- Automatic adjustment of power at relatively high precision.
- Cracks and folds on the job is avoided by ensuring there is no gap between anvil and job, by maintaining constant upset feed during metal gathering process
- Constant speed of upsetting up to 10mm/sec
- No conventional receding cylinder for anvil.
- All setting except jaw change and anvil change can be done offline.
- All upsetting functions parameterized.
- Rejection less than 0.1% due to cracks or folds.
- Provision for neck heating for conical shaped valves.
Overall response to the display was very encouraging and we are expecting some very good traction with European customers.